keskiviikko 30. marraskuuta 2011

Didn't think I'd be “Winter-swimming” in Italy


One of my hobbies in Finland has been winter-swimming. Yes swimming in an icy-cold-water, the sea, in the middle of winter. Sometimes in a cold as -1 Celcius sea-water. Few winters I did winter-swimming regularly, two-three times a week. But I did not think I'd be winter-swimming in Italy....

After almost one month in Italy , I'm getting used to it that hot water is not a certainty! Two weeks ago I already experienced the electricity “shortage” when the fuse got burned and I had to wash my hair in a cold water. Yesterday I had a bath in an icy-cold water. How did this happen?

I went for a run in the neighborhood, after which I wanted to do some cleaning, since it's my cleaning turn this week. After all that sweating... running and cleaning... I finally got the water in the bath running.



Don't you just love hot baths? I do!!! In Finland most houses have thrown away their bathtubs and replaced it with a shower. I personally loved the bathtub when I was a kid. Nothing as nice as a long hot bath – with bubbles of cause.

Well here in Italy I finally have a bathtub! I'm going to enjoy it I thought! But it's not that easy in Italy!!! Once I was ready to go to my hot bath... I dipped my hand into the water and help.. it was icy-cold. NO HOT WATER!!! Well I needed to wash my hair again and I needed to get of the dust and sweat so I had not choice, but to use the cold water to wash my hair first and then dip into the icy-cold water... to have my "winter-swimming" experience from Italy...

Why was there only cold water? Something to do with the fuse-boxes again I believe... a bit too complicated for me.... too many fuse-boxes... When my roommate got home, she was wondering why we don't have hot water and why is the heating not on. She cried out joking... “All I ask after a hard day is that there is hot water and heating”.... Me personally have gotten used to the cold rooms and don't so much mind if there is hot water or not. Done that, been there.... and little bit of humor on the way will help you not to take it too seriously!

A friend said that I've been tested by Rome... well since I've done winter swimming willingly in icy-cold-water, then I can do without hot water occasionally in Rome! Just for the joy of being here...

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti